Thursday, February 28, 2008

Radio at 4am!

It was 4am in the morning and I was still wide awake for some reason... Been thinking of how to put myself to sleep. Its been a while since I stopped being an insomniac. Anyways I thought of listening to some music thinking it might soothe my brains and put me to sleep. So I turned on the radio and was surfing through the FM channels. You wont believe the amazing songs they play on the Radio Stations at such an hour. I bet you wont hear those numbers all day long on the very same stations. The one that caught my ears was Zara Zara from the Bollywood flick Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein (2001)

Here's the video of the song so that you know why its special :)






What did catch my attention was the second antara which goes like this...

Tadpaaye mujhe teri sabhi baatein
Ek baar ae deewane jhootha hi sahi pyaar to kar
Main bhooli nahin haseen mulaaqaatein
Bechain karke mujhko mujhse yun na pher nazar
Roothega na mujhse, mere saathiya yeh vaada kar
Tere bina mushkil hai jeena mera mere dilbar

For those who don't understand Hindi, roughly translated it means,

Everything you say makes me pine;
Crazy guy, false or true, just love me once!
I haven't forgotten our beautiful meetings.
Having made me restless, don't avert your gaze like that.
Promise me, my companion, you won't quarrel with me.
Without you, living would be impossible, my love.

Yeah I know it sounds all romantic, achy, maybe also clingy (which m afraid of)...
Anyways don't go looking for deeper meanings. It's just a song in the end. So listen to it and enjoy the music :)


No comments: