Thursday, September 13, 2007

Disturbia

I have a lot of friends who do not like to watch English movies, (villagers!), and if you are one of those friends then this post doesn't concern you... Come to think of it I guess my entire blog doesn't concern you 'cause after all its all in English! And for the rest of my readers, please don't mind my hyper exaggeration at times. I DON'T hang out all the time with villagers... Anyways what I began to say was that this week I managed to take out time to watch a movie which I failed to download and watch 5 months before its release in India. I'm talking about Disturbia.





I know you may have heard that its not a good movie but, pleeease, tell me you're smart enough than to believe everything you hear... Anyways I gotta say it was quite a good movie. This one is a suspense/thriller/murder mystery. The lead actor, Shia LeBeouf ( remember the teenager in Transformers ), loses his father in a car crash and for some reason blames himself for it. Being provoked by his teacher he punches the old man in the face ( which looked awesome... will make you wish you had the guts or no brains to do so ) and gets sentenced to 3 months of house arrest. Yeah its hard for a 17 yr old to be stuck inside his house all day and yet be productive. So our little hero takes up the time pass of spying on his neighbors from his house. By the end of a week or so he knew which of his neighbors was sleeping with whom and who was the prettiest babe on the block and also, which one of them was a potential psycho killer. Our story moves on as the spying picks up pace and the one under constant vigil finds out who's been stalking him. One hell of a creepy fellow he is! Anyways the best part is the shocking climax which will keep you at the edge of your seat.

My rating: ***1/2 stars.

Go watch this one on the big screen instead of whiling away your time in from of your PC, or worse, the stupid TV.

No comments: