Saturday, January 26, 2008

Don’t go tonight.

You read the first one; you read the second one, now its time to share with you my third poem. It’s strange what 15 minutes can do to you when you know they will be leaving (read: going offline) you after 15 minutes. Believe it or not but that’s what made me write this one.

Don’t go tonight.

Starry sky, the moon shining so bright,

Love this feeling, bathing in the moon’s light,

Stars, the moon shining upon me, so pure and white,

And the wind kissing my cheeks, ever so slight,

While the world’s sleeping, only my dreams are in flight,

Feel like I’m on top of the world, afraid of the height,

Never will be an evening so beautiful, or there might,

But I know this is the moment, ‘coz it feels so right,

And all I do is miss u, waiting for you to be in sight,

Just the thought of being alone, oh! What a fright!

Don’t like this distance anymore, save me from this plight,

I need you to protect me, my shining armor clad knight,

You know you are my sunshine, you are my delight,

It’s only in your arms, where I feel alright,

I want you to hug me, and keep holding me tight,

Love me forever, don’t leave me and go tonight.

-Chandra Sen.

2 comments:

Deepinder Singh said...

Amazing feel of the poem... m sure the shining armor clad knight won't like to leave u...

Chandra said...

:) Yeah i know, n if he does i would miss him to death...