Thursday, January 10, 2008

Love Actually

Love, that’s probably the most complicated thing to describe. I bet even Einstein and Newton would have failed on the subject of love. It’s like summer rains, you never know when it’s gonna pay you a visit and by the time you start to enjoy the touch of the tiny droplets against your cheeks, it’s gone. Of course nothing lasts forever but wouldn’t it be great if you could defy that rule?

I’m sure you all have seen the movie Love Actually and half of you would be claiming it as the best film you have ever seen. Well, count me in. Was watching it for the umpteenth time yesterday, yet, every time I watch it, the movie has its own way of turning me into a deeper shade of blue. Reminds me of all that I have lost and found in my life…

Lost a lot of friends, not because I couldn’t get along with them, but our individual careers made us go separate ways. Sometimes I wonder if it’s really worth the sacrifice. So much so that now I don’t even know how and where they are… I’ve lost best friends, not because of career, but just that we couldn’t get along which sounds ironic because unless we got along in the first place we wouldn’t have been best friends. I’ve lost love, which is painful, yes, but I won’t hype it like our stupid Bollywood movies. But, yes, it is more than worth the mention. I know there’s nothing better in this world than the feeling of being in love. And I believe it’s not the fact that there’s someone who loves you but the fact that you have someone to love. There’s nothing that can be more fulfilling. To the world, you can be a very strong person, but when you are with them it’s totally different. Just one hug from that special someone can completely melt you down and make you feel vulnerable and the same hug can make you feel like nothing in the world can hurt you because they will protect you.

But that’s not all that love is about. It’s also about giving wings to the one you love and allow them to fly, high. So that at the end of the day when they come back to you, you know that they are going to stay forever. And if they don’t, try to be glad that at least one of you is happy.

So whenever I watch Love Actually, it transports me back to those old times and reminds me of all that I’ve been through, I see all these past years floating in front of my eyes. But at the same time I tell myself it’s not the end of the world. There is still a lot of love left amidst the hatred splashed across the morning newspaper everyday. And all that you have to do is stretch out your hands and grab hold of it. You don’t know what’s in store for you tomorrow. So make the most of what you have today. Screw consequences. Listen to the song “kholo kholo” from Taare Zameen Par - “…Dil khush jahan, teri toh Manzil hai wahin!” :-)

1 comment:

only me said...

well, love sure is complex. love is one of the best feelings one can experience. to love and loose is harsh ... but i think it is good, coz it inscribes in your memory that there is nothing worse .. and next time around, you are more careful.

and love actually is brilliant movie, it was at the top in my list of movies, till i saw serendipity. there is something very very sweet about that movie. just sends my mind racing with thoughts about how wonderfully awesome something like that would be. see it, if you haven't.