Sunday, April 13, 2008

Being in love with pain

Okay guys, I know this one's gonna sound a bit crazy and weird... but hey my posts come with an invisible statutory warning for all those things :P


Anyways here's the poem...


Being in love with pain.


Do you know how many nights,
I’ve spent without your sight?
With the distance looming over me,
The chats, the kisses, despite.


Don’t yet wanna drift off to sleep,
How these sleepy eyes I betray!
Meeting in my dreams is a gamble,
Awake, in my thoughts, you stay.


The only moment I long for,
The only time I feel alright.
The moments convert too soon into,
Long hours deep into the night.


I love falling asleep,
Listening to your sweet voice.
Makes me feel all cozy,
The love I’ve found, I rejoice.


But the fears keep on creeping,
Mounting on in my mind.
Today I’m thankful you’re here,
Tomorrow I may not find.


You know I would be shattered,
If someone stole you from me.
Sorry ‘bout this insecure feeling,
Think you know this about me.


Don’t know what future holds for us,
The unknown can seem pretty dark.
This love maybe hindered by the distance between
But for you, will it still leave a mark?


Knowing that I’m probably,
Not the one that you desire.
Unaware I seem, to be walking,
Whether you take me low or higher.


They say love is a lot like madness,
And lovers are called insane.
But we still love, even if it hurts,
Being in love with the pain.


-Chandra Sen.

2 comments:

Murali said...

"Being in love with the pain.."

Well if u think like this then there are some major concerns which u have with ur love...think of it...
And "lovers are not insane"....they are just lovers...that means they adore each other...care for each other..and they mean their lives for each other....
well thoughts differ from person to person so wont blame u....its a good one...can write a lot but will cut short..:-)))

Chandra said...

u know i really like the way you put ur thots forwards about my poems... i dont want u to cut short... and yeah thots can differ from person to person... and of course.. if things always sail smoothly wats the fun in sailing?