Sunday, April 20, 2008

A longing

You know its human tendency to overlook what we have and instead long for what we can’t have… and sometimes in the process you hurt others who don’t deserve to be hurt by you.


Here’s my next poem…


A longing.


Glancing outside my window,
I can see the moon shining.
Even though I should be happy,
Somehow inside I’m whining.


I hope it didn’t hurt much,
When you tripped at the last bend.
I’m sorry I couldn’t help you up,
Guess I’m not a good enough friend.


Try as I may,
But I still can’t be with you.
It hurts me inside,
That you still have no clue.


Wish I knew some trick,
To mend your broken heart.
I can just hold your hand,
If you try to make a new start.


Maybe I can’t get you,
The things you actually want.
But I’m giving you all I have,
Please don’t remain nonchalant.


I know how it feels for you,
Those tears also wet my eyes.
Just that no one can see them,
Like stars in the sun-lit skies.


How long do I have to wait,
For feelings to get built up?
Tell me, is the wait in vain?
Should I simply give up?


You don’t always have,
The things that you really like.
The lack just makes you blind,
Messes up with your psyche.


You ignore the gifts you get,
Tell me isn’t it unfair?
The love, the happiness,
Could be someone else’s share.


Someone who knows how to return it,
Who knows its true worth.
Someone who treats it as,
The most precious thing on earth.


You never know what you have,
Not until it goes missing.
Do u think it’s wise to spend,
The rest of your life reminiscing?


-Chandra Sen.

8 comments:

CJ da analyzer said...

simply amazing... ajj se.. ur... Ms. Elizabeth Chandra Browning Sen.......

Chandra said...

alright i think i like the big name... If only they could add a Sir before it :(

CJ da analyzer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CJ da analyzer said...

ok ... Ms. Chandra Elizabeth Browning Sen.... ur new name from now on....

Chandra said...

thank you... women don't get knighted usually u know...

Murali said...

U rock!!!!!!!!!!

Murali said...

Atlast I came to know how to post comments(on ur blogs :-)))
I wont sum it up so easily but will write in leisure on each n every blog of urs...but to tell u on the last one....it's really good and makes me think a lot on the various thoughts which must have been in ur mind while writing such a beauty...

Chandra said...

Murli,
thanks a lot buddy :) m glad u found out :) now i'll know wat u think of them :)
m glad you can understand what goes on in my head from the poems :)