Friday, April 18, 2008

Scared to be alone.

Its funny the kind of creativity being pissed off brings out in me but I can never thank God enough that there’s also someone who cares for me enough to be patient with me and calm me down as well :) I’m not the best person to be around when my tempers sky high but I’m glad I’ve got someone who’s ready to take the risk.


Anyways here’s the poem that I came up with when I was feeling all angry, low, lonely…


Scared to be alone.


Such a cold misty night and I’m sitting at home all alone,
Need to talk to you now, but can’t reach you on the phone.


You know when its night, every sound seems loud and clear,
As if the silence speaks to me, tells me that you’re right here.


I’m feeling a little uneasy, as the clock strikes midnight,
I look outside my window, on the street, not a soul is in sight.


Try to divert my mind, grab the remote, turn on the stupid TV,
Reminds me how much I miss you, thanks to this silly movie.


So I surf through the channels, nothing holds my interest,
Sigh! “Idiot box indeed!” I turn on the radio instead,


I look for some good music, twisting and turning the dial around,
Can’t believe my luck, miss you more ‘coz of the song I’ve found.


Don’t know if it’s magic, or if Stevie Wonder actually knew,
I’ve actually been trying to call you, to say that I love you.


Its hard to be this lonely, don’t want to miss you anymore,
A sound disrupts my thoughts, a slight knock on my door.


With fears n doubt, running all over my mind,
I approach the door, and guess who do I find?


A tall dark figure, with their face hidden under the hood,
I wondered if this was my end, in front of me he stood.


He raised his arms towards my neck, could tell the time was due.
The peace I feel now in this clinch, oh honey, it knew it was you.


-Chandra Sen.

4 comments:

CJ da analyzer said...

amazing... simply amazin. outstanding... wat description u hav given. its like amazing raised 2 infinity raised to infinity.... cant rite so much cos if the restriction in space.. but i guess u got the jist... .. keep up the good work chandra... aka mira bai... u already know y...

Unknown said...

hey :D thanks a lot. I know this ones a bit different from my regular ones... thanks for appreciating so much :)

Murali said...

well this one is another beauty...come to think of it...it seems u were missing tht someone( the lucky one) so much....i wish i cud b the one...i mean some1 cud write such a thing thinking of me...:-)) but neva mind...

Chandra said...

hey m sure someone somewhere is still waiting to meet you to start writing poems for you :)
i was just kinda lonely when i wrote this one :)