Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Things you'll never know…

Its hard to spend too much time apart from the one u wanna be the closest to... You wish for just one moment to be with them... but it just doesn't seem to be possible... and you wonder if things are right. A lot of questions in your head, a lot of doubts. It’s frustrating when things don't go your way and you can't have the only thing you want... Makes me wonder if we want it so badly just because we can't have it? One of the few things which are hard to explain...



My next poem is about some of those feelings that you can’t quite express, and the nagging doubts that you can't deny...


Things you'll never know…


Its not that I don’t miss you,
If only you could read my mind.
You’d know how crammed it is,
Your name is all you’ll find.


Its not that I don’t care,
But I can’t just show you how.
Coz our worlds are way apart,
Can’t be with you right now.


Its not that I don’t love you,
The words fail to make an impact.
Its not that I don’t mean it,
It’s just an unacceptable fact.


Its not that I can’t see you,
All I need is to close my eyes.
I can see you right in front of me,
But something inside me dies.


Its not that I don’t feel you,
You’re the air I breathe in.
You make me feel complete,
As you touch my soul within.


Its not that I don’t trust you,
It hurts down deep inside.
It’s not the things you tell me,
But the things you try to hide.


Maybe I’m expecting a lot,
Maybe I should stop dreaming.
Maybe I should get back to reality
Maybe I should stop living.


-Chandra Sen.

2 comments:

Murali said...

This is such a serious one chandra...i dont know what was going on in ur mind while writing this poem...specially the last stanza..."...May I should stop living!!!".....What was going on in ur mind dear....im sure while u wrote this...things were not going ur way with him..am i right??? but in the end...its a good one and i appreciate

Chandra said...

hey relax, in fact "he" suggested the last line... and thanks a lot for considering it to be good enough. by the way i think all my poems are serious ones only... and don't worry i wont be committing suicide for "him"