Friday, April 4, 2008

This is how the story goes…

This is one of those loved and lost stories. When it takes 5 years to gradually build a relationship, going from acquaintance to friends to best friends to love, the bond grows stronger and runs so deep, that if things don’t work out as expected, even 5 months is too short a time span to get over it. Don’t know how many of you will agree with me on this point.

You know I thought my previous poem would be the last one I ever wrote but here I am with another one. My fifth :)

And this is how the story goes…

Lost but not found.

The day I first saw you,
Never knew we were meant to be friends,
Didn’t take us long to get started,
Walk together as the road bends.

How can I forget those laughs?
Those talks, the pranks and the cards?
The evenings we sat on your terrace,
Counting the planes and the stars.

Never knew those precious moments,
Would bring us someday so close,
Time seemed to be rushing past me,
Making me wish that it froze.

I still fail to define it,
But my friends said I’m in love.
I can tell they weren’t wrong,
I swear on the stars above.

Every moment I spent with you,
Has been a feeling beyond bliss,
Just the thought makes me tingle-
Beneath the stars, our first kiss.

And the times you put your arms,
Around and pulled me closer,
I knew in your arms is where I,
Wanted to be lost forever.

Long hours on the phone, late at night,
Made me smile and comforted me,
But then you started to care lesser each day.
That hurt, baby, couldn’t you see?

Never thought it wasn’t meant to be,
Why do good things not last long?
I cry for the times you took me for granted.
Tell me, wasn’t that wrong?

What do I do with these feelings?
Suppress them or just hide?
I probably shouldn’t see you or even talk,
You know, I really tried.

I’m trying to pretend I don’t love you,
Pretend that I don’t care,
But it only reminds me how much, I need you,
When I see you standing right there.

I’m sorry I didn’t give you a second chance,
You know, I was kind of scared.
I do wonder sometimes if things,
Would have been different had I dared.

You don’t wanna lose me so,
You want me to be a friend and stay,
I can’t yet live without or with you,
How will it work for me this way?

Fading memories don’t let me forget,
The way I felt for you.
Moving on is a painful journey,
I wish I never knew.

I’m striving to end this chapter,
Accept I’m not made for you.
You know why it’s so damn difficult?
‘Coz I’m still in love with you.

- Chandra Sen.

4 comments:

CJ da analyzer said...

amazing,fantastic, fantabulous, simply outstanding guys help me i m running out of words............ i guess the english,latin n all other lang dictionary doesnt hav enuff words wch can actually describe how nice the poem is.....

Unknown said...

hey chirag :D thanks a lot for appreciating it so much. i didnt know it was this good :)

Murali said...

I totally agree with what Chirag has mentioned in his comments and I personally feel that choice of your words which actually are not just words but your expressions and feelings and the way you have potrayed the LOVE you have for that person is simply amazing...i appreciate this...

Unknown said...

you guys make me feel special :D